Professional translator since 2001
4-year Degree in Translation and Interpreting (University of Salamanca, 2000)
Freelancer since 2005; UK-resident from 2002 to 2009; now based in Spain
• 2005-Ongoing: Independent language specialist/translator for various companies and translation agencies.
Current location: San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid.
I was previously based in Shrewsbury (UK), Sant Cugat del Vallès (Catalonia) and Karlsruhe (Germany).
• 2004-2005: Spanish technical linguist and localiser at Citrix Systems UK (Chalfont St. Peter, UK)
• 2002-2004: Translator and Spanish department co-ordinator at SDL International (Sheffield, UK)
• 2001-2002: Games and multimedia translator at Pink Noise (Madrid, Spain)
Member of ASETRAD (Spanish Association of Translators and Interpreters)
Associate of ITI (British Institute of Translation and Interpreting)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Creative translation (sometimes called "transcreation")
Adaptation of advertising campaigns and any kind of creative copy. Familiar with the luxury goods sector.
• Marketing, advertising and PR materials
Online and offline. Experience in long and short copy.
Media types: B2B and B2C communications, direct mail, internal communications, web pages/websites, banners, eDMs and email campaigns, POS, presentations, press releases, newsletters, social media content, print/poster ads, sales/corporate brochures, video scripts, white papers, case studies, reports...
• Corporate communications
Newsletters, web and intranet content, corporate governance, codes of ethics, internal publications, e-learning and training material, etc.
• Information technology
Mainly marketing and documentation.
Very on top of the latest technology developments.
• Computer hardware, peripherals and consumer electronics
Mobile devices, printers, scanners, projectors, home entertainment, tablet PCs, storage media.
• Travel, leisure and tourism
• Websites and general business translations